Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bred for its skills in magic...

A couple days ago, Heather needed to go to one of her classrooms to pick up some books and supplies. This class of hers happens to be inside a museum on campus. This museum has a ton of real animals that have been stuffed. It was really cool to these animals up close. I couldn't believe just how big some of them really are. We'll have to go back some time and I'll bring my camera. My favorites were the rhino heads and the elephant skull. They were huge. Anyway, one of the coolest things in this museum was the liger. All of you thought that Napoleon Dynamite was crazy, but the liger really exists. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.




9 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! you posted it! I thought it was "bred for its skills and magic"

Kr5is said...

Is that at BYU up by the bell tower? I love that place.

shafnitz said...

Heather: Nope, it's "bred for it's skills in magic."

5: Yeah, I believe that's the one. Heather would probably know the name.

Heather said...

It's the Monte L. Bean Museum, and yeah it's up by the bell tower.

shafnitz said...

Also, I think this is officially the most comment activity I've had on my blog. :)

Victor said...

She looks pregnant, the liger that is.

Spinch said...

Holy freakin' crap! That's where they moved Shasta!

Seeing that liger was my FAVORITE thing to do when she was on display at the Hogle Zoo.

That and looking at the seals.

shafnitz said...

I didn't know this Liger was already famous... :)

Anonymous said...

no way!