Friday, June 16, 2006

Poor Mr. Fishy

I was going to post about our recent trip to the Grand Canyon, but Heather already covered that for me. You can read about it on her blog. I wanted to write about our very first pet: Mr. Fishy. We got Mr. Fishy at the wedding reception (AKA open house) that we had in California two weeks after we got married. My mom and older sister decorated for the reception and as part of the centerpieces, they had fish bowls with blue a blue Beta fish in each. We thought it would be fun to keep one of them as a pet, since we can't have any cats or dogs in our apartment. Mr. Fishy drove all the way from CA to UT with us and did pretty well. We put him in a nice big vase and got some little marble-like stones to put on the bottom of the bowl. He was a great pet for exactly 9 months. A few weeks ago he started acting funny. His color wasn't as vivid as it used to be and he seemed very lethargic. He wouldn't eat as much as he used to and we knew something was wrong. One day a little over a week ago, Heather found him belly-up in his vase. It was a sad day. We said a few words and sent him to his watery grave. Mr. Fishy will be missed.


R.I.P. Mr. Fishy
2005-2006

2 comments:

Kr5is said...

Sad day, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. He was a good fish. I remember making a lot of Beta Fish fight in the toilet bowl. They wouldn't fight so we would push the handle just enough to suck one down, till the gladiator survived. We kept him.

I just put your blog on my link list. Keep up the bloggin!

Andre said...

My betta fish just died 40 minutes ago! :(

I feel the pain...