Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Day My 360 Died

Somehow, I knew this was going to happen. I've never pre-ordered a game in my life before Halo 3. For the past few weeks, I've had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that my 360 was going to die right before Halo 3 came out. Well, yesterday was the day. Exactly 1 week before the release of Halo 3. My 360 gave me the infamous red wink of death. Fortunately, Microsoft stepped up their game back in July and extended the warranty for this specific issue to 3 years. So I won't have to pay anything to get mine fixed. On the bad news side, there is no way I'm getting that thing back before Halo 3 comes. The support technician on the phone said they're at a 2-4 week turnaround time on repairs right now and that doesn't include shipping the console back and forth. So I'm guessing I won't see my 360 for about 3-5 weeks from the time I ship it out.

On the positive side, I see this as an opportunity to get stuff done around the house before the baby comes. We want to paint the baby's room and some of the baby furniture, so now I have no excuse for putting it off. I am pretty bummed about not being able to play Halo 3, however. Feel free to donate a 360 to me, if you feel inclined.

No comments: