Tuesday, March 21, 2006

How I Won an Xbox 360

So, my new Xbox 360 arrived today. Technically, it arrived yesterday, but no one was home to sign for it. Because of this, I was forced to wait in line at the post office behind all kinds of interesting people to get my new toy. It was all worth it, however. Heather will attest to the fact that I walked out of that post office with a huge smile on my face. But, here's how it came to be mine:

About a month ago, I found out about a new service called TextPayMe. It's a service like PayPal, but with a different angle. Using their service, you can send someone money via text message from your cell phone. It's a brilliant idea, and I wish them tons of success. They have several suggestions of situations where the service would be very useful. For example, if you're out with friends at a restaurant and one person pays the bill, the others can pay that person back right then and there. It's much better than IOUs or writing a check. There are several other uses for the service that you can read about on TextPayMe's website. I'm sold on the idea, and will use the service for sure. Especially since it doesn't cost anything to use. But, back to my story. TextPayMe has had a promotion going for a while. Every time you refer someone that signs up for their service, you get 10 TextPayMe points. If you got 360 points before 3/18/06 you got an Xbox 360. Well, last Tuesday, I got my last referral that brought me to 360 points. The next day, the guys at TextPayMe verified my mailing address and today I got my Xbox 360. I've never won anything before in my life. At least nothing I got to keep. So, this was a big thing for me. So, I've got to give props to the guys at TextPayMe. They have a great idea and I hope that they do very well. I also have to thank them for my brand new Xbox 360! Everyone thought I was crazy when I wanted to do this, but boy did I show them! I really do need to thank all my family and friends that signed up for TextPayMe for me. I'm sure they got sick of me nagging them to do it. Thanks everyone!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, a core system? How ghey is that?

shafnitz said...

When was the last time some gave you a 360 for free? That's what I thought...

Anonymous said...

Send Money Free for Beta users

Read the terms carefully before saying that it is free since it will NOT be FREE in the near future and they don't tell how much it is gonna cost

shafnitz said...

Yeah, thanks ToS police, I already read the terms.