Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Part 4: My Xbox 360 Repair

Part 1: My Experience with Microsoft's Xbox Customer Support
Part 2: My Xbox 360 Repair
Part 3: My Xbox 360 Repair Stats

So, here's where we are as of right now. After getting in touch with my very own RSS rep (Sean), I shipped my console out to be repaired. It arrived at the repair center in McAllen, Texas on the morning of Thursday, October 18th. I waited a couple business days to hear back from Sean that they were processing my repair. I didn't get a call from him by Monday evening, so I went ahead and gave him a call. He's off on Mondays, so I left him a message. The next morning I got a call back from him. He said they were just waiting to ship my console. I was a little confused about what he meant by that, so upon asking for clarification I was told that my 360 would be repaired and shipped by the end of the week. I was shocked! This was awesome. I know he wasn't able to promise me an expedited repair, but it sounded the repair center was going to get the job done. He said I would receive an email notification as soon as it shipped. Sweet!

So I continued to wait the rest of that week. I hadn't received a shipping notification by Saturday the 27th, so I gave him a call. He said it shipped on Thursday the 25th and didn't know why I didn't get a confirmation via email. He gave me the tracking number. It took them exactly one week to get it repaired, which is pretty good compared to other stories I've heard. So, according to UPS, my 360 would be here by Tuesday the 30th (today). Low and behold, I saw the UPS guy at our door as I was driving away this morning. Everything is finally working out!

So I get home from work tonight and hook everything up. Guess what!? My controllers won't sync. I kid you not! I have 4 controllers. and tried every single one of them. I even checked the instructions they gave with my console to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. None of them will sync. So, I called and left a message for Sean. Anybody want to bet I have to ship my 360 back to them? Looks like I'm back at square one.

2 comments:

Mike and Laura said...

That sucks so bad!! It is kinda funny though, well probably not for you. You should have taken it back while you had the chance. Maybe someday you will learn something from me matthew

David said...

I know this would be a stupid question, but did you press the buttons on both the Controller and the Xbox to sync it!? Because they may have given you a new system, that is why the Controllers aren't syncing with the New System!