Saturday, February 11, 2006

Groundhog's Day and an Oil Change

I have two stories to tell in this post.

First, last week we celebrated Groundhog's Day. It's officially the first time in my life I've ever "celebrated" Groundhog's Day. A week or so before that, Heather explained to me the things her family did on Groundhog's Day. I couldn't believe there were people that celebrated it that didn't live in Punxsutawney. I realized that day how awesome my wife is. We didn't do a ton to celebrate, but it was way more than I've ever seen anyone do. We pretty much just said "Happy Groundhog's Day" a lot and we had ground hog pizza. Incase you're wondering, ground hog == sausage. I even got a phone call from Heather's mom wishing me a Happy Groundhog's Day. We finally rented the movie and we watched it tonight. It's a great flick, worth seeing any time of the year. Here are a couple pictures from our celebration:



Second, we have been meaning to get the oil changed on our car for the past couple months. We finally decided to do it last week but ran out of time after all of our other errands. We said that we would do it this Saturday for sure. Well, Heather was digging through the ads that fill our mailbox about every other day and she found a place right down the street that had a coupon for the whole oil change and checkup for $15. We figured we'd save a few bucks and give them a shot, especially since they were much closer than Jiffy Lube. This was a huge mistake. There were a few people ahead of us, but that was no excuse for how long we waited. We were there for about 45 minutes before they even pulled our car into the garage. We spent over 2 hours in this place waiting for an oil change. After they finally finished, the manager brought me back into the garage and explained some other things that he recommended we get done on the car. I felt like saying, "thanks, but we definitely won't be getting it done here." I just kept my mouth shut. I just wanted to get out of there. So, that ended up being the only real errand we got done today.

5 comments:

Heather said...

MMmmm...Groundhog pizza! That was my best groundhog's day celebration ever!

Maggie said...

I really like that shirt of the Heat's.

shafnitz said...

Me too! It's totally vintage. Sweet!

simon said...

Unrelated to post sorry! Hope I have the right guy. I'm referring to this. You might like to try my howto on USB encryption with TrueCrypt.

shafnitz said...

Yep, you have the right guy. I'll check it out, thanks.